7 Steps to Leadership in Your Business & Your Life

MattBusiness, Filmmaking, Lifestyle, Mindset, Video Production3 Comments

Today’s post is by Dusan Djukich of Straight-Line Coach. This articles covers leadership and what it means to be completely in control of your business and your life. Straight Line People Straight-line people use distinctions to maintain their high levels of awareness and performance. In this article, I am now revealing the most useful and powerful distinctions I know of so … Read More

Become a Creative Genius in 9 Steps

MattBusiness, Editing, Filmmaking, Lifestyle, Mindset, Video Production, Writing1 Comment

If you’re in the video production industry, then you’ll appreciate the importance of creativity when it comes to producing good work. But how do you become a creative genius? Let’s start off with this: Nothing is worse then predictable, boring, dull work for your clients. Not only will your clients get bored of you, you will also probably get bored … Read More

The Top 6 Beginner Mistakes In Video Production – Don’t Make These!

MattBusiness, Filmmaking, Lifestyle, Mindset, Video Production1 Comment

If you are reading this article, you might be new to business. If you’re currently figuring out which pieces of the puzzle go where in your video production company, then read on. This article will address the most common beginner mistakes when running a video production business. It probably feels like you’ve just opened up a 10,000 piece puzzle of baked … Read More

7 Biggest New Innovations to Expect In the Future: Elon Musk, the Real Life Iron Man, And The Pursuit of New Technology

MattBusiness, Filmmaking, Lifestyle, Mindset, Video Production1 Comment

new innovations

This post came into existence as the result of a number of conversations with a friend. It also came out of a lot of reading and thinking about new innovations and the issues expressed herein. It’s kind of a slight departure from the topics I normally write about here at Filmmaking Lifestyle. Still, filmmaking and video production use technology, and its … Read More

Your Business Energy Level: 15 Daily Habits That Are Draining You Of Energy

MattBusiness, Filmmaking, Lifestyle, Mindset, Video ProductionLeave a Comment

Habits affect our energy level. Habits ultimately dictate our lives.  The things we do on a daily basis are what create our reality, and bad habits create a terrible reality. Science shows us that changing our habits and thoughts can be difficult, considering we repeat 85% of the same thing day in, day out. That only leaves 15% to change, … Read More

10 Productive Habits That Will Give You More Energy And Improve Your Productivity

MattBusiness, Filmmaking, Lifestyle, Mindset, Video ProductionLeave a Comment

What does your day currently look like?  Perhaps you wake up with your morning cup of coffee, refer to the notes you took down from last night and immediately start working on, say, an edit. But how about productive habits? 3 hours later, you are finding you are losing focus and attention on your work and you reach out for … Read More

Make a Movie on a Budget: Making a Feature Film for $6,000… It’s possible

MattBusiness, Director Stories, Filmmaking, Lifestyle, Mindset, Writing8 Comments

Are you looking to make a movie? Then this exclusive article by filmmaker James Defalco is going to be just what you’re looking for! In ‘Making a Feature Film for $6,000… It’s possible,’ James explains the journey he took to make his movie, Long Island Love Story. Take it away, James! [Editor note: Images throughout are stills and posters from … Read More

Video Production Packages: Make $1K In Half a Day by Packaging Your Video Services

MattBusiness, Filmmaking, Marketing, Mindset, Video Production6 Comments

Everybody loves a good package. We told you before, over on Video Production Virgins, that this much was true. And, in fact, that mastering the art of packaging your services effectively will lead to bathtubs of money for your reclining pleasure. Why? Packages are repeatable, attractive and easy for clients to digest and agree to. Putting two things together for … Read More

9 Tips For Starting a Business & Becoming Self Employed

MattBusiness, Filmmaking, Lifestyle, Marketing, Mindset, Video Production6 Comments

Today we have a special article fromLeo Babauta of zen habits. This article is about becoming self employed and finally taking the leap to starting your own business. Zen Habits recently celebrated 10 years of existence, and it’s a great blog on productivity and developing habits, especially in the realms of business and creativity. Take it away, Leo! One of the best things … Read More