Podbean is the largest podcast hosting platform on the planet. It was created in 2010 and offers a variety of options for podcasters to monetize their show through advertising or other means.
They also offer tools such as an RSS feed builder and promo codes so that you can promote your show to new listeners.
Podbean vs Libsyn vs Buzzsprout
What Are Podbean vs Libsyn vs Buzzsprout
Podbean is a podcast hosting platform that allows you to publish and promote your podcast. It’s a great solution for those who want to share their content with the world,
but don’t want to deal with the hassle of having to find an audio host. Podbean offers three different plans: Basic, Pro and Premium.
Buzzsprout is a podcast hosting site that offers free hosting for up to 500 episodes at once and free email notifications when your show is published.
Libsyn is another popular option for podcasters who want a simple solution that offers impressive features at an affordable price.
You can access all of your shows from one dashboard, no matter which host you use or where they’re hosted online.
Podbean vs Libsyn vs Buzzsprout – Introduction
Libsyn is another popular podcast hosting platform that has been around since 2004.
They offer similar services, but they have a larger variety of plans available for small businesses who want to start a podcast or create their own show.
Buzzsprout is another popular podcast service that has been around since 2009.
They offer some great features such as: high quality audio, statistics tracking, and more!
Point by Point Comparison
Podcasts have become quite popular over the past decade. With so many people using their smartphones, podcasts are a great way to gain more listeners and attract more potential customers.
In fact, many companies are now creating their own podcast websites and uploading their podcasts on these sites.
Podbean is one of the most popular podcast websites that lets you create your own podcast website. It allows you to easily create your own website and upload your content without any technical knowledge or experience.
Podbean has all the features you need to create a professional looking site that will attract visitors and help you grow your business.
Libsyn is a professional podcast website design service for podcasters and broadcasters looking for a simple, clean, and effective solution to host their podcast’s website.
1. Embeddable Podcast Player
Podbean is a podcasting website that allows you to host your own podcast. It’s also an embeddable player that you can use on your website.
The Podbean embed code gives you the ability to add a player to your website so that visitors can listen to your podcast without having to leave your site.
To embed the Podbean player on your website, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Podbean’s homepage at podbean.com/podcasts/create and click “Create New Podcast” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Enter a title, URL and description for your new podcast and click “Save” at the bottom of the screen. You’ll be taken to a page where you can create an RSS feed for your show by selecting “Yes” next to “Do you want people subscribed through an RSS feed?” Then click “Save Changes.”
- In order for Podbean users to subscribe via RSS feeds, they must enter their email address in the box marked “Subscribe with Email Address.”
The Libsyn Playlist Player is a customizable, embeddable player that allows you to set the look and feel of your podcast player. It’s easy to use and comes with a number of options for customization.
The Libsyn Playlist Player is compatible with most browsers, mobile devices, and tablets. It includes support for HD video and fullscreen mode for desktop browsers.
The Libsyn Playlist Player is available in three different sizes:
- Small (320 x 192px) – Best for smaller screens like smartphones or tablets
- Medium (480 x 270px) – Best for mid-sized screens like laptops or desktops
- Large (640 x 360px) – Best for large screens like televisions
Buzzsprout is the podcasting platform that hosts your podcast and helps you grow it. They make it easy to record, edit, host, and publish your podcast.
And their powerful analytics help you track everything from listening habits to sponsorship opportunities.
With Buzzsprout, you can:
- Easily record your podcast with our built-in recording studio, or connect any audio interface
- Manage your entire library of episodes in one place with simple editing tools and a flexible publishing schedule
- Get started for free with up to 300MB of storage space per podcast episode
- Make money by accepting sponsorships on your show
2. Statistics and Analytics
Podbean’s statistics and analytics tools are essential to your success.
The statistics page is a great place to get a high-level overview of how your podcast is doing. From here you can see how many subscribers you have and how often people are listening.
You can also see which episodes are most popular and how many times they’ve been played. The statistics page also provides some other valuable insights into how people are finding your podcast and what they’re doing when they get there.
Libsyn is the leader in podcast statistics and analytics. They offer a complete set of tools for podcasters to make the most of their shows.
Libsyn’s core product is a hosted media hosting service that provides all the technology needed to upload, store, distribute and monetize your podcast.
They also provide some additional services that help you grow your podcast audience:
- Analytics – Get detailed information about who’s listening to your show, where they’re listening, what they’re doing when they listen, and how much time they spend with each episode.
- Podcast Promotion – Use our promotional tools to get more downloads from Apple Podcasts and Google Play Music, as well as other third-party apps like Overcast and Pocket Casts.
- Podcast Website Builder – Build a website for your podcast using our easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface.
Buzzsprout provides free and premium stats and analytics tools that allow you to track, manage and grow your podcast.
Buzzsprout provides a wide array of useful metrics for both new and established podcasts. The statistics page shows a variety of graphs relating to your podcast’s performance, including traffic sources, social media activity, device usage and more.
If you want to get more detailed information about specific episodes or segments, you can click on the “Segment Analysis” button in the top right corner of the main dashboard.
The segment analysis tool displays detailed information about each episode’s performance over time. You can see how many downloads each episode received over time, including when it was released and when it was last updated.
You can also see which episodes have been downloaded by clicking on each episode’s title in the list below the graph.
The segment analysis tool also allows you to compare multiple episodes against one another with respect to their download counts or social media engagement. Simply select two or more episodes from the list below the graph by checking their checkboxes (one at a time) before clicking “Compare Selected.”
3. Advertising and Monetization Options
Podbean has created a platform that allows podcasters to upload and publish their shows for free. Podbean also has advertising and monetization options available for podcasters to experiment with.
The following is an overview of the advertising and monetization options available through Podbean:
Podbean is one of the first podcast hosting platforms to allow you to monetize your show through advertisements. Podbean’s advertisement network is powered by Rhythm NewMedia, who offers advertisers access to highly targeted audiences based on interests or geographic location.
The Rhythm NewMedia network includes over 250 sites across the web, including dating sites, job boards and blogs.
You can choose between two types of ads: pre-roll (which plays before your show starts) or post-roll (which plays after your show ends). Both types of ads are skippable after five seconds.
When choosing an ad type, keep in mind that most listeners will be skipping your ads – so the goal should be to make them as relevant as possible while still keeping them engaging!
Advertising is one of the most common ways to monetize a podcast.
Libsyn offers two types of ad insertion: Ad Insertion and Premium Ad Insertion.
Ad Insertion allows you to display pre-roll, mid-roll and post-roll ads in your podcast. Premium Ad Insertion allows you to offer sponsorships for your show which can include custom creative and more control over the placement of ads on your show.
Both ad options allow you to display ads from a variety of networks including iHeart Radio, Google AdSense, Amazon, TuneIn and more!
Advertising is an easy way for podcasters to monetize their shows while still preserving their content’s integrity. You can read more about advertising here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about advertising with Libsyn!
Buzzsprout offers multiple advertising and monetization options which are described below.
Advertising with Google AdSense: Google AdSense is a great way to earn money from your podcast. AdSense provides the code that you place on your website, so it’s one less thing you have to worry about.
It’s simple, too – just sign up for an account, put the code on your site and get paid! You can create unique ads for each episode or use a single ad for all of your episodes. You can also choose how long an ad will run before it stops automatically playing (if you want it to play indefinitely, just leave this box unchecked).
The longer the ad plays, the more money you make from it.
4. Podcast Distribution and Promotion Features
Podcast distribution and promotion features are the most important part of your podcasting service, because they help you to get your podcast out there into the world. You can use these features to promote your podcast on social media and other websites, or to share it with other podcasting platforms.
A good podcasting service should have a wide range of distribution and promotion features, including:
Social Media Integration – Your podcasting platform should make it easy for you to share your podcast on social media.
This might include integrations with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others.
Podcast Discovery Tools – There are many different ways that listeners find podcasts, but there is no single best way for all podcasts.
One of the best things about having access to so many different platforms for listening is that every listener will find their own path through them all (or at least some of them). A good podcasting platform should provide tools that allow you to promote your show through each of these channels individually as well as all together in one place.
It should also provide analytics so that you can measure which ones are working best for you and optimize accordingly.
Podbean is the leading podcasting platform. With Podbean, you can create, host, and distribute your podcast to a global audience.
Podcasters can use Podbean’s free podcast hosting service to upload and manage their audio files. Podbean also offers premium subscription packages that include additional features for podcasters to increase their audience reach.
Podbean has a number of podcast distribution and promotion features:
- Free Podcast Hosting – Use our free podcast hosting service to upload and manage your audio files.
- Premium Podcast Hosting – Upgrade to Premium Podcast Hosting for increased storage capacity and more advanced editing tools.
- Auto-Publishing – Automatically publish your podcasts from iTunes, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, iHeartRadio or Spotify in under two minutes with our podcatcher publishing tools.
Libsyn is a podcast hosting and distribution platform that allows podcasters to manage their content and subscribers. Libsyn offers free hosting for all podcasters and charges a monthly fee for additional features like unlimited storage, custom URLs, statistics, and more.
In addition to its core features, Libsyn also offers a number of premium services that allow you to monetize your podcast and grow your audience.
Libsyn’s podcast distribution tools are available through the Libsyn dashboard or Libsyn’s Podcast Publisher app. These tools include:
- Podcast Pages – Create custom pages for each episode of your podcast so listeners can easily find new episodes and subscribe using iTunes or other popular media players.
- Podcast Player – Create custom players that allow listeners to download episodes or stream them directly from your website without having to use a media player application.
- Podcast Analytics – Track downloads, listens, and other statistics from inside the Libsyn dashboard.
Here’s a quick overview of the features that Buzzsprout offers that makes it a great podcast distribution platform.
- Podcast hosting: Buzzsprout offers unlimited storage, bandwidth and web hosting for your podcast episodes. It also includes an episode player widget that you can embed on your site and social media pages.
- Podcast statistics: Buzzsprout provides detailed analytics for your podcast including stats on downloads, unique listeners, geographic location and more. It also allows you to segment your audience based on their location and interests so you can better target your marketing efforts.
- Podcast promotion: Buzzsprout offers several ways to promote your podcast including ads in the iTunes store, Facebook ads and Google AdWords campaigns. You can also create custom landing pages for each episode to drive traffic back to your website where you can monetize visitors using lead capture forms or sales funnels.
5. Third-Party Integrations
Third-party integrations are a great way to take your business to the next level. They can help you reach new customers, increase sales, lower costs, and so much more.
The essential element of a successful integration is that it is seamless. You should be able to connect with the third-party system using your existing interface, without having to learn a new interface or create a separate set of credentials.
Podbean is a powerful podcast publishing tool that makes it easy for podcasters to create, grow and monetize their shows. Podbean is a third-party integration with PodcastOne, which means you can use Podbean to manage your PodcastOne account and upload your podcasts directly from Podbean.
Podbean has a number of features that make it an excellent option for uploading podcasts. For example:
- Automatically publish new episodes as they’re recorded on your phone or computer.
- Use the built-in media player to listen while editing or add links to other audio files in the same episode so you can switch between them seamlessly.
- Create custom tags and categories for each episode, which allows you to organize your content into groups, making it easier for listeners to find what they’re looking for.
Libsyn is the world’s largest podcast hosting company, and we pride ourselves on being a one-stop shop for all your podcasting needs.
They also offer integrations with third-party services that make it easier to manage your show and grow your audience.
These integrations are designed to help you integrate Libsyn’s features with third-party services you already use. Some of these integrations do require additional fees, but they’re worth it if they save you time or money!
Buzzsprout supports third-party integrations, which allow you to import data from other services into your Buzzsprout account. This is a powerful feature that can save you time and help you get more out of your podcast statistics.
Here are some of the popular third-party integrations they support:
- Google Analytics – Connect Google Analytics to your Buzzsprout account to track your podcast’s website traffic.
- Facebook Insights – Connect Facebook Insights to your Buzzsprout account to track the performance of your Facebook ads.
- Twitter Ads – Connect Twitter Ads to your Buzzsprout account and see how well your ads are performing on Twitter.
6. Mobile App
Podbean is ideal for anyone who wants to start a podcast, including beginners and experts alike. They offer an easy-to-use interface, powerful tools, and unlimited storage. Plus they’re affordable whether you’re recording just one episode or producing multiple episodes per week.
Their mobile apps make it easy to manage your shows on the go!
The Libsyn mobile app allows you to manage your podcast from wherever you are. You can manage episode files, add new episodes and edit existing ones, as well as view stats and more.
The app also makes managing a bit more fun with interactive charts and graphs.
If you’re a podcaster who wants to stay on top of their show while on the go, the Libsyn mobile app is a must-have tool in your arsenal. The app allows you to keep up with all aspects of your show while out and about, which means less time wasted when you’re away from home base.
The Buzzsprout mobile app is a FREE tool that allows you to access all of the features of Buzzsprout from your phone, giving you the power to manage your podcast from anywhere.
In addition to being able to easily upload new shows and episodes, you can also listen to your podcasts on the go. The app also includes fun features like automatic downloading of new episodes as they become available, so you can hear your latest episode even if you don’t have an internet connection at the time!
You can also get notifications when new episodes are released or when someone subscribes or unsubscribes from your show.
7. Customer Support
Podbean is dedicated to providing a great experience for our customers. They’re committed to resolving your issue as quickly as possible.
Libsyn offers the best in customer support. They’re here to help you with whatever questions you may have about your account, whether it’s billing, uploading, or podcasting.
If you need help, they’re here! Our support team is available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Pacific time (12pm to 8pm Eastern time), but we do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
They offer phone support, email support, and live chat support for all Buzzsprout customers.
Their phone support is available from 9:00am to 5:00pm PST Monday through Friday. You can reach them at (800) 441-8847 or by clicking this link: https://buzzsprout.com/contact/.
8. Pricing Plans
Podbean is a podcast hosting service that offers four different plans, each with its own set of features. Podbean also offers the ability to upgrade your account at any time.
Here’s a look at Podbean’s pricing plans:
Basic Podcasting Plan: $4/month
This plan allows you to upload up to 10 episodes, publish an RSS feed, and access all features of the platform, including custom domains and unlimited storage. It also includes free analytics support and one month free of eCommerce software (for selling digital products).
Premium Podcasting Plan: $10/month
This plan allows you to host up to 100 episodes, publish an RSS feed, and access all features of the platform. It also includes free analytics support and one month free of eCommerce software (for selling digital products).
Pro Podcasting Plan: $20/month
This plan allows you to host as many episodes as you like with no restrictions on storage space. It also includes premium analytics support, one year free upgrade guarantee, 5GB storage space per episode, unlimited bandwidth and more.
Libsyn is one of the most popular podcast hosting platforms. The platform offers unlimited storage and bandwidth, as well as some advanced podcasting features like chapter markers and image hosting.
Libsyn also offers a range of pricing plans that can accommodate all types of podcasters. With each plan, you get access to all of Libsyn’s features. Here’s a breakdown of the different plans:
- The Basic plan costs $5 per month or $50 per year and includes up to 100 MB storage space and up to 500 downloads per episode (a higher number of downloads is available for an additional fee).
- The Plus plan costs $12 per month or $99 per year and includes up to 1 GB storage space and unlimited downloads per episode.
- The Pro plan costs $25 per month or $199 per year and includes up to 2 GB storage space and unlimited downloads per episode.
- The Business plan costs $50 per month or $399 per year and includes up to 5 GB storage space, unlimited downloads, an RSS feed with custom domain support and more advanced analytics tools.
Buzzsprout offers a variety of pricing plans to fit the needs of all types of podcasters.
Buzzsprout’s pricing is simple, transparent, and affordable. They offer three different plans: Standard, Pro, and Enterprise.
Standard is their most popular podcasting plan and includes unlimited uploads and downloads, unlimited website hosting, and access to all Buzzsprout apps (including our new WordPress plugin). It’s $12.99/month with no contract required.
Pro includes everything in the Standard plan plus advanced features like Trim Clips, Spoilers, and Variable Player Speeds. It’s $19.99/month with no contract required.
Enterprise includes everything in Pro plus custom branding capabilities for your player page and a dedicated account manager to handle any questions or concerns you may have about your podcasting needs. It’s $49.99/month with no contract required
Podbean Pros and Cons
It’s free. Podbean is a very affordable way to get your podcast started.
You can even listen to some of their featured podcasts on their website, and there are plenty of other free or cheap ways to get started with podcasting, but none will offer the ease of use as Podbean does.
It has a wide range of features. Podbean offers some great features like scheduled publishing, RSS feed, iTunes compatibility and more.
It’s not easy for advanced users. The Podbean interface may be simple for beginners, but advanced users might find it difficult to use at first glance (though it does become easier after using it for a while).
It also doesn’t have as many advanced options as some other platforms do (such as Libsyn).
Libsyn Pros and Cons
Libsyn is one of the oldest and most popular podcast hosting sites. It’s also one of the most expensive.
The Libsyn platform is easy to use, and there are no confusing settings or features to deal with. You can upload your podcast episodes, create show notes and description pages, schedule your podcast for publishing, and edit your RSS feed.
Libsyn also offers a few additional features that may be useful for some podcasters, including audio player widgets for website integration and social media promotion, analytics tools and a WordPress plugin.
Libsyn isn’t cheap it costs $5 per month to host a podcast on their basic plan, which only allows up to 250MB of storage space per month. The Pro plan costs $15 per month and allows up to 1GB of storage space per month; this is still extremely limited compared to other services in this price range (more on that later).
You’ll also need to pay extra for bandwidth overages beyond the allotted amount provided by your subscription level these fees start at $0.30 (USD) per gigabyte downloaded above your allotted limit each month.
Buzzsprout Pros and Cons
Buzzsprout is a great tool for managing your podcast. It’s easy to use, has a ton of great features, and it’s affordable.
- It’s affordable. You can get started for as little as $20/month.
- It’s easy to use. The interface is clean and intuitive.
- It’s also responsive so it works well on mobile devices.
- The platform is robust with lots of great features like an integrated feed management system and episode analytics.
- You can upload your episodes directly into iTunes and Google Play Music, or you can use the platform’s built-in RSS feed management system to submit them to other directories manually if you want more control over where they appear in search results.
Podbean vs Libsyn vs Buzzsprout – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Podbean, Libsyn and Buzzsprout?
Podbean, Libsyn and Buzzsprout are all podcast hosting platforms. They allow you to upload your episodes, create your show and publish them to the web.
They also come with a lot of additional features such as stats, social media integration and even the ability to sell your own products.
These platforms can be used to host any kind of podcast including music and audiobooks. Podbean is an all-in-one solution that allows you to create a radio station if you want too but it comes with a price tag (see below).
Libsyn only allows you to host podcasts and Buzzsprout is similar except they also provide social media features such as Facebook Pages, Twitter profiles and more.
Podbean vs Libsyn vs Buzzsprout – Wrapping Up
Podbean, Libsyn, and Buzzsprout are three of the most popular podcast hosting services on the market.
Each one offers a variety of pricing plans, so it’s important to consider your needs before making a buying decision.