Discord is a rapidly growing text and voice chat application, aimed at gamers in particular. But what exactly does it mean to stream on Discord?
Streaming on Discord is something that a lot of users do.
Essentially, you can use Discord to speak with friends as you play games, similar to how you’re able to do so through Skype or TeamSpeak. However, streaming on Discord is a bit more involved than simply opening up your video game and starting a call with your friends.
If you want to know how to stream on Discord, we’ve got all the details. What Is Streaming?
Streaming refers to the process of broadcasting content live over the internet.
Streaming allows viewers to watch content in real time as it happens, without having to download files to their devices before being able to use them. It has become increasingly popular in recent years thanks to YouTube and Twitch, both of which allow users to broadcast their own videos.
Streaming also lets viewers comment as they watch, which creates an interactive experience for everyone involved. While streaming is most commonly associated with gaming and game-related content, the term can be used in other contexts too — news broadcasts are often streamed live over the internet as well.
how to stream on discord
How to stream on discord
Discord is a voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone.
Discord can be used for gaming, socializing, making music, and more. It’s easy to join the Discord community because it’s open source software—meaning you can customize the client how you want it!
You’ll find thousands of servers in different categories that you can join. Some servers are super fun while others are just looking to talk about games. Whatever your reason is for being on Discord, we’re sure there’s a server out there that’ll fit your needs.
How To Stream On Discord – Introduction
Discord is one of the most popular communication platforms for gamers. It’s a great tool that’s easy to use, and it’s been around for a while now.
Discord hasn’t been around for long, but it’s already become extremely popular. The way Discord works is by having a channel in which people can talk to each other.
The channels are similar to IRC channels, but they’re more organized and it’s easier to manage them. Discord is an online platform that allows you to create your own server and invite your friends or strangers to join you.
Servers can be used for a variety of purposes, such as gaming, socializing, or just chatting with others who are interested in the same topics as you. This is the beginning of our series and what we hope will be a good start for anyone interested in streaming on Discord.
While this is a simple introduction to the process, there are numerous guides out there that go into more depth. Let’s get started! First – Install Discord If you haven’t already, you will need to download and install the Discord app.
What Is Discord?
Discord is a free text and voice chat app for gamers that works on both your desktop and phone. I’ve been using Discord for over a year now and haven’t found any problems with it.
If you’re gaming on a console, Discord can be accessed through the browser. If you’re playing on PC, then Discord will be running in the background of your game, which is why it’s important to ensure that it’s not causing any problems before your next raid.
Discord has multiple functions, such as being able to send direct messages to other users or in group chats. These are great for communicating with friends or team members during games and making sure everyone is on the same page.
You can also set up notifications so you know when someone mentions your name or has something important to say. Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed specifically for gaming.
It’s easy to set up, has a simple interface and multiple safety features, and is accessible from a variety of platforms. If you want to know more about the ins and outs of the platform, here’s everything you need to know about Discord.
Setting Up Your Discord Server
This guide will show you how to set up your Discord server, configure it, and add a bot. The first step is to create a Discord account and make a server, which can be done on the Discord website.
Once you have done that, go back to your Discord client. Open up the server settings page by clicking on the small arrow next to your server name in the top left corner of your client.
The first thing you will want to do is set up the channel for your voice-chatting needs. To do so, simply click on the “Create Channel” button in the top-right corner of your screen.
Once you have clicked it, a dropdown menu will appear with three options: “Text Channel”, “Voice Channel” and “Category”. Click on “Voice Channel”. Now you can enter whatever name you want for your channel — let’s say we enter “Voice Chat” — and hit enter.
Streaming on Discord
Steps to stream on Discord:
- Download and install OBS Studio on your computer. Launch the application.
- Add the game you want to stream as a source to OBS Studio. Select the audio device as ‘VoiceMeeter Output (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO)’ instead of the normal output device.
- Select ‘Discord Voice’ as the audio device in VoiceMeeter settings instead of the normal input device. Now launch Discord and select the servers tab present at the left side of the screen and ensure that ‘Go Live’ option is enabled for it or not.
- If it is not enabled, then enable it by clicking on the arrow beside your name at the lower left side of Discord application window and then selecting ‘Enable Go Live’ option from there.
Streaming on Discord Turn on Your Camera
It’s a great way to build out a community around your brand or your interests. You can create permanent channels for specific topics, and temporary channels for voice calls or group messages.
One of the reasons Discord has taken off the way it has is because of its streamlined interface and low resource overhead. It doesn’t use a ton of resources to run in the background (like Skype, which is a literal resource hog), and it’s minimalist by default.
If you want more features — like custom emojis, animated avatars, and a louder notification sound — you can pick up Nitro for $5 per month or $50 per year. If you’re using Discord to talk with a small group of friends while playing games together, you might want to visit the “Text & Images” tab in your user settings and uncheck the box that reads “Display server member count”.
This removes the little circular icons on each channel that show how many people are online in each room.
Streaming on Discord Share Your Screen With Your Viewers
Top 5 Reasons to Stream on Discord With that in mind, we’re here to give you the deets on why you should use Discord to stream.
- Streaming on Discord is Fast and Easy Streaming directly through Discord takes out all the headache of external software or file hosting. All you need is your game and a desire to share it with your friends. With just a few clicks, anyone can stream directly from Discord, so there’s no fancy setups needed for anyone involved.
- You Can Stream PC, Mobile and Console Games Discord supports streaming from different platforms including PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices. Whatever game you’re playing, wherever you are playing it, Discord has you covered.
- Share Your Screen With Your Friends If you want to share your screen with your friends when streaming on Discord this is easy too! Just click the Share Screen button located in your video call window. Once you click that button it will automatically open a new tab where you can select which monitor/display you want to share as well as which audio device you want to use for your stream. If you have multiple monitors/displays just pick one and then maximize the window
Streaming on Discord Send a Server Invite Link
- Open the Discord app. Click the button to create a new server.
- Choose a name for your server and click Create. Add people to your server.
- Click the plus sign (+) icon in the left column of the page, then select Create Instant Invite from the drop-down menu. A pop-up menu will appear with options for creating the invite link: Set an expiration date for the invite, if you wish to have it expire after a certain amount of time (see image above).
- Select whether anyone can join or whether they must have a special link. If you choose anyone can join, you’re finished! The link is directly below (see image above), and you can share it as needed. If you’d like people to use a special link, enter a number of uses allowed in each field, or leave them blank if you don’t want to set a limit.
- Click Copy to copy the code, then paste it into an email or text message and send it to whomever needs it.
Streaming on Discord Disconnect The Stream
If you’re interested in streaming, we recommend setting up your own channel and sharing it with friends! You can connect your Twitch account directly to Discord so that viewers will see what game you’re playing, chat with them, and more.
Unfortunately, streaming on Discord isn’t as simple as enabling the Go Live Stream setting.
To make sure the stream runs smoothly, you need a few things:
- A stable internet connection
- A good PC that can handle the games you want to play and stream at the same time
- A decent microphone and camera (optional)
Streaming on Discord Watch Someone’s Discord Stream
The first thing to note is that there is a slight difference between streaming on Discord and streaming on the Discord desktop app. As you may already know, the Discord desktop app is based on Chromium; the same browser that Google Chrome is based on.
While you can stream from your browser, doing so in the desktop app will provide you with a better experience as it allows for higher quality streams. To make sure your streams look great for everyone watching, we have a few requirements for what constitutes a good stream.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Your streams should be at least 6Mbps or higher.
- Your stream should be at least 720p resolution or higher.
- You must use a microphone that supports audio input and output. The best way to do this is by using an external microphone like a condenser mic or even a gaming headset.
- Your stream should not contain any copyrighted content such as music, images or videos unless you have written permission from the rights owner.
Also, if you want to use copyrighted content in your stream but don’t have permission, you can ask them first before streaming it.
Share Your Game on Discord
Discord is a free social and communication app designed for both desktop and mobile platforms. The application is available on a freemium basis (pricing listed here) and provides users with the ability to access voice and text chat, as well as share images, video and links from a desktop or mobile device.
You can learn more about what the platform offers here. We’re launching a new feature that allows you to share your game’s status with your friends on Discord so they can see what you’re playing.
In order to use this feature, you need to link your Discord account to your Ubisoft account. You’ll also need to use the Uplay PC client version 1.4.0 or higher.
To update it, just run it once and it will prompt you for an automatic update.
After updating Uplay, you can link your Ubisoft account with Discord in the Social section of the settings panel inside Uplay PC.
What if Discord Doesn’t Detect Your Game?
Discord is a popular voice and chat application to communicate with friends or to play multiplayer games. Discord lets you use your voice to talk with other users in real-time.
Discord supports Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux and web browsers.
In this guide, we will show you how to make Discord recognize your game and add it to the “Now Playing” status. What if Discord Doesn’t Detect Your Game?
You can share any game you are playing on Discord so that other people can see it on their servers.
- The first thing you have to do is open the Discord app.
- Next, click on the User Settings icon next to your user name at the bottom of the screen.
- On the left side of Settings menu, click on Games.
- On Games page, toggle ON “Display currently running game as a status message” option.
- Now all of your installed games will be displayed as an option in Activity Status section on User Settings page.
- Finally, run one of your games and check if it appears in “Now Playing” status or not. If it doesn’t appear then click on Add It! option available below Activity Status section and manually add the game that is not detected by Discord.
Increase Your Viewership on Discord
Discord is one of the most popular communication platforms for gamers, but you’ll need to increase your viewership if you want to grow your community. It can be a challenge to boost your audience, but with these tips, you’ll be able to craft a Discord channel that stands out from the rest.
Find Your Community
To get started, you’ll need to identify your target audience. Search for relevant communities and take note of their ideal demographics, interests, and hobbies.
Consider what makes those groups special — are they playing a specific game? Or do they have something else in common? Figure out what makes them tick so you can emulate it in your Discord server.
Make Your Discord Channel Available
Once you’ve identified your community, create a Discord channel that speaks to their interests. For example, if they’re passionate about gaming, make sure that’s clearly stated in the channel’s name and description.
You may also want to include special emojis or images that reflect this interest. When people visit the channel’s landing page, they should know exactly what they’re signing up for.
Invite People to Join Your Community
Once you’ve established your channel and found the right community, it’s time to invite people to join your server. To do this:
1. Using Discord Host Events
Discord is a great place for communities of all sorts to host events. For example, you can set up a voice event for your gaming community, or an art event where you all draw something together.
You’re free to use Discord for whatever sort of event you want, but we’ve found that the best events are ones that have a clear beginning and end. For example, if you’re hosting a meet-up or concert, you can post a specific time for it to start and end.
We don’t want Discord to just be another background noise app – we want it to be a place where people come together and interact with each other in meaningful ways. You can create events using the Calendar feature on our mobile app! Just download the app here on iOS or Android.
It’s totally free!
Discord is a great place to find communities that share your interests. As a comunity leader, Discord also provides you with the tools to host your own events — either for your server or for the broader Discord community.
2. Using Discord Promote Your Server on Server Listings
Promoting your Discord server as a game master is actually a great way to build up your player base. This is because people who are already playing games will be more interested in joining the server than those who don’t know what the game is all about.
The best way to promote your server on the Internet is through message boards and forums that have a large number of players who are already involved in the game you are promoting. These places are usually filled with game masters, so they will know where to post your server link.
Promote your discord server on discord server listing sites: As we said above, this is an important step in promoting your discord server. There are many such sites and you can use them to promote your discord servers as well.
One such site is DiscordPromote which has become quite popular recently. However, there are other sites too which allow users to promote their servers for free.
So if you don’t want to go for paid promotion, then it’s better if you go for these sites.
Also make sure that the website you choose has a good reputation because there are some scam websites with fake reviews and bad customer service
3. Using Discord Advertise on Reddit
In the past, I have written a complete guide on how to post an advert on Reddit. In this guide, I would like to show you how to use Discord Advertise on Reddit.
Reddit is a very popular platform for advertisers to post ads and most of the time, its the best place to advertise your product or service.
If you are new to advertising on Reddit, then I suggest you read my complete guide first. There are several different ways that you can use Discord Advertising on Reddit.
The most popular way is by using the /r/DiscordAdvertising subreddit or /r/DiscordAds.
Both of these subreddits are great places for Discord Advertising. You can either use them as a place to advertise your Discord server or as a place to find other people who are advertising their Discord servers like yourself.
One of the best ways that you can do this is by joining one of these subreddits and posting an ad of your own in there. This will allow you to get some exposure for your server and it will also allow others to find your server and join as well.
4. Using Discord Engage Your Viewers While Streaming
Discord is one of the most popular communication services in gaming. It’s completely free, doesn’t require an account, and offers text, image, audio, and video communication all within the same app.
It is easy to use and offers many different options for how to use it with your streaming content. Discord offers a few useful audio features not found in other apps. For example, you can choose whether or not you want others to hear your microphone when you’re speaking.
This is useful if you want to be able to speak with someone privately while streaming. When you’re done, simply turn it back on again and carry on as normal!
Discord also offers an option to push-to-talk instead of having the mic on all the time. This is ideal if you have a loud mouth or tend to get excited during games.
You can choose a hotkey that turns your mic on when pressed so that people only hear what you’re saying when they need!
Whats more? You might be wondering what this has to do with streaming video games live on Twitch or YouTube Gaming… well let me tell you: it allows for better communication between streamers and their viewers!
Make Money Through Your Discord Server
Discord is a rapidly growing text and voice chat application, aimed at gamers in particular.
It’s free to use, and easy to set up. It’s also cross-platform, with support for Windows, macOS and Linux, as well as having mobile versions for Android and iOS.
This makes it a convenient way to invite new people into your group. Discord is great for real-time communication via text or voice.
Other than that, it isn’t particularly special; there are plenty of other applications you can use for this purpose.
What Discord does well is offer a free way for groups to communicate via voice and text chat. This makes it an excellent option for gamers who want to play together but aren’t on the same team or even in the same game.
Discord uses a client–server infrastructure with encryption for all communication between clients and servers, including voice and video. Servers can be made private by the server owner (a paid feature), thereby restricting access to only those invited by the server owner.
The service offers no mechanism by which users can request verification of identity. Users can create channels within servers which act as
1. Connect Your Discord Server With Patreon
Discord bots are a great way to help run your community, without having to be actively involved all the time. If you have a Discord server and a Patreon account, you can connect the two and get some cool rewards for your patrons!
Keep reading below to find out how you can connect your Discord server with Patreon.
Let’s start by heading over to the Discord Development Portal. This is where you’ll be able to manage all of your apps.
You can also access this portal from your app settings page on Patreon. Once we’re in the developer portal, go ahead and click New Application at the top right.
Give it a name, upload an avatar and then hit Create App!
You’ll now be brought to your app’s dashboard. Here you’ll see several tabs, Client ID and Secret, Bot, OAuth2 and Rich Presence.
For now, let’s head over to the Bot tab. Here we can create our bot user. This is the account that will sync with Patreon for premium roles on Discord. Hit Build-A-Bot and get started!
Give your bot user a name, save it and then choose Copy under Token next to your bot user’s avatar on the left side of the screen.
2. Get Donations On Discord Using the DonateBot
Are you running a Discord server? Are you looking for a way to get donations on your Discord server?
Well, look no further. This is the best way to get donations on Discord.
Introducing DonateBot for Discord DonateBot is the platform where you can send and receive donations for your Discord server. It’s super easy to set up and integrate with your server.
You can also accept payments from PayPal and Stripe that will be automatically converted into credits. How much does it cost? DonateBot has a pay-as-you-go pricing model, which means you only pay when someone makes a donation.
There are no monthly fees or commissions. All plans include unlimited donors and unlimited donations per month. What features does DonateBot have?
Here is a quick overview of all the features in DonateBot:
✅ Collect payment via PayPal and Stripe (And convert it to credits)
✅ Customizable donation message
✅ Donation roles (Give your donors a special role)
✅ Automatic thank you message (Send a custom message when someone donates)
✅ Assignable permissions (Allow only certain people to use commands)
✅ Customizable prefix for commands
3. Offer Affiliate Products to Your Members On Discord
Whether you’re a gaming clan, an educational group, or a hobbyist community, Discord is the best place to chat online. With over 100 million active users, Discord has evolved into a comprehensive platform that combines voice and text chat services.
Originally designed for gamers wanting to talk while playing multiplayer games online, its popularity has exploded since it was first released in 2015. Now you can use Discord to earn more money by promoting affiliate products with your members!
When you join an affiliate program for the first time, you get a unique link (or links) that lets you promote products on your site. Every time someone clicks one of those links and ends up purchasing something from the merchant selling the product, you get a commission.
You only get paid when someone buys something from your affiliate link. Discord offers plenty of opportunities to promote affiliate links!
You might wonder how to do this without spamming people or getting kicked off the platform.
There are plenty of ways to incorporate your affiliate links into a channel without being too obvious about it. Using a combination of different techniques can help boost sales significantly!
How to Stream on Discord – Frequently Asked Questions
What is Discord?
Discord is a free voice, video and text chat app for gamers. It’s very popular in gaming communities and esports teams, and is used by millions of people every day.
What is Discord streaming?
You can use the Discord app to stream your gameplay to other users in real time. To do this, you’ll need to connect your Twitch, YouTube or Mixer account to your Discord account.
Once you’ve linked your account, all you have to do is go live. Users who follow you on that platform will be able to watch your stream within Discord.
Discord is a VoIP application that lets gamers chat with each other.
The software is available for Windows, MacOS, Linux and Android devices. You can use the app for free or purchase a Discord Nitro subscription for advanced features. The company has a streaming feature called Go Live that allows you to stream your gaming session to up to 10 friends.
To get started with Go Live, head to Discord’s website and log into your account (or create one if you don’t already have one). Then click the + icon located in the left pane of the app.
What is a voice channel On Discord?
For your Discord to work you need to have a microphone. When you are in a voice channel, you can talk to other people who are also in that voice channel. If the people are in different channels, then they cannot hear each other.
When you join a voice channel, you will see three icons on the bottom left of the screen. The first is a red phone icon. This is used to disconnect from the current voice channel.
The second is a speaker icon with an ‘x’ over it. This indicates whether or not you are currently speaking. If the icon has an ‘x’ over it, then that means that nobody can hear what you are saying right now (muted).
Pressing this button will toggle between muted and unmuted and change the symbol accordingly. The third is a volume slider which can be used to adjust your volume on Discord for the entire program, not just for this specific server and voice channel.
Voice channels are the channels below the category >channel< on discord. ou can use them to talk with friends and other discord members. Can you stream your entire screen with Discord?
You can stream your entire screen using Discord in a few quick steps. But you can only do so if you’re on a PC, and you’ll need to download the Discord app.
The “Go Live” feature allows any user to stream their gameplay directly to one of their contacts on the platform. The feature is free, but it’s limited to 10 people watching at a time. Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro (From $1,299 at Best Buy) How to stream your entire screen with Discord
- Download and install the Discord app, which is available for Mac, PC or Android here. pen the app and create an account if you don’t have one already.
- Click on the button that looks like three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen. Click on “Go Live.” You’ll see a green box appear that shows your face, overlaid with a microphone icon, along with some other options on the right side of the screen.
- This means that you’re ready to start streaming to one person on your contacts list — so who do you want to watch? Choose which contact you want to stream to by clicking on them in the list just
What are the screen sharing options on Discord?
Discord is a popular chatting app that provides voice and text chat for gamers. It’s now possible to share your screen on Discord in real-time.
You can screen share with just one person or with a group of people.
Follow these steps to enable screen sharing with specific contacts:
- Open the Discord app and log in to your account. Click on the arrow next to the server name, then click Server Settings.
- Click on Roles, found on the left side of the screen, then click + to add a new role.
- Name the role something like “Screen Share.
- Under permissions, scroll down until you see “Screen Share” and tick the box next to it (for both Video and Audio/Microphone). Select Save Changes when you’re done.
- Now, right-click on the user’s name in the channel, select Change Nickname, and assign them their new role. This will allow them to share their screens on this server only (not any others).
- Also make sure they have the right permissions set up in their User Settings > Privacy & Safety > Screen Share Mode section for this server as well
Leave a Reply