Okay, so you have a shiny new GoPro camera and you’d like to, you know, mount it on something. So what are the best GoPro mounts? The answer to that question is what we seek to achieve with this buying guide.
You bought your GoPro and can’t wait to shoot amazing videos. However, you’re aware that you need to buy accessories that will help you shoot easily and comfortably.
A GoPro mount will help you position your camera properly and free your hands so you can focus on elevating the standards of the recorded material.
Not only does the lack of a mount disturb your shooting angle but also destroys the quality of your videos and pictures.
One of the most important things that will help you get those things right is the GoPro mount.
Best GoPro Mounts: A Top 11 Review
Here we have picked the best mounts for your GoPro that will assist you in the shooting.
The tripod mount allows the GoPro to be attached to any standard tripod. Tripods are useful in keeping the camera steady for occasions like when you want to shoot a time-lapse video.
There are many GoPro tripod amounts available in the market.
However, the best one is the GoPro tripod adapter which has a threaded socket on the bottom and a three-tongued connection at the top.
It must be fastened to a ¼-20 stud. Tripod mounts are usually small but they work like magic and help you shoot still shots without any trouble.
- Compatible with industry-standard tripods
- Quick release tripod mount allows for convenient versatility Between quick release bases
- Mini Tripod is a compact, lightweight tripod solution.
- Includes 1 Year GoPro Manufacturer
- English (Publication Language)
If you don’t want to have the GoPro strapped around your head, then the GoPro chest mounts are the best option.
It allows you to shoot videos from a great point of view, allowing you to be more comfortable while shooting.
The thoracic frame can be adjusted according to the body type and is lightweight and flexible. It’s easy to use and it maintains a balance between your comfort and performance.
A big advantage of this is that it captures your body action plus any equipment you hold or any sport you shoot.
- Lightweight, flexible construction balances comfort and performance
- Padded and breathable materials stay comfortable during any activity
- Fully adjustable to fit a wide range of body types and over heavy winter jackets
- Specially designed quick-release buckle lets you get in and out easily-even with gloves on
- Stable platform for capturing incredibly immersive hands-free footage with GoPro cameras and Karma...
Whether you’re hiking, biking, skiing, or traveling the world, Capture Camera Clip securely holds your camera while leaving your hands free.
The quick-release button allows you to access your camera fast and easily, so you never miss a shot.
Attach it to any strap up to 2.5 inches (7.6 cm) wide and 0.6 inches (1.5 cm) thick with included hardware that fits standard tripod sockets.
The Peak Design Capture Camera Clip securely holds DSLR, compact and point-and-shoot cameras during any physical activity.
This is the ultimate versatility in carrying comfort and accessibility for your camera gear while you’re on the go.
This is more like a chest mount but it is not attached to your chest. It is a small tool that you can attach to your backpack or belt strap and then attach the GoPro to it.
It accesses your camera quickly with the help of a quick-release button. The adapter plates hold the camera safely so you can record your action without any worry.
It is just like using a tripod with the camera angled up. In addition to that, it is compact and can be used during any physical activity.
- Camera mount securely holds DSLR, compact and point-and-shoot cameras during any physical activity.
- Access your camera fast with a quick release button that withstands over 200 lbs. of force.
- Attaches to any strap/belt up to 2.5 Inch (7.6 cm) wide and 0.6 Inch (1.5 cm) thick.
- Peak Design adapter plates/kits enable Capture (Clip Only) to carry lenses, GoPros, or binoculars.
- Lifetime Warranty: Guaranteed.
BEST GOPRO MOUNTS
What Are GoPro Mounts?
GoPro mounts are devices that allow you to attach your GoPro camera securely.
These mounts can be attached to a variety of objects such as handlebars, helmets, or surfboards.
They are compatible with all GoPro cameras and come in a number of different shapes and sizes depending on the type of activity you want to do.
If you are in search of a GoPro backpack then we’re glad to inform you that your search has ended here.
Thule Legend Backpack offers you front and back mounting options for your GoPro.
You can adjust 3 GoPro cameras and can also keep SD cards, extra batteries, remote control, and much more.
You wouldn’t need any extra mounting accessory to mount your GoPro because this backpack already possesses it and it will also save your travel backpack expense.
- Crushproof, padded compartment holds up to 3 GoPro cameras, LCD backpack, remote control, extra...
- Removable die-cut foam pad makes it easy to fully rinse interior clean of dust, mud, sand and...
- Integrated mounts allow for 2 GoPro cameras to attach and record from multiple angles
- Sleek shape and lightweight construction prevent bag from interfering with activities
- Dedicated storage for hydration reservoir (reservoir not included)
This GoPro mount is great for shooting underwater. The dome port pushes the water away from the lens and is transparent so you get visible, detailed epic shots.
It has a handheld grip so you don’t struggle while shooting underwater.
Suitable for shooting both underwater and above water, this GoPro mount is specially made for Hero 7 Black, Hero 6, Hero 5 Black, and GoPro Hero.
Furthermore, the wide-angle helps you to capture immersive shots.
- 【DESIGNED FOR GOPRO HERO 12/11/10/9 Black】TELESIN 6'' Dome Port is Specially designed for Go Pro...
- 【PROVIDE EXCELLENT ABOVE/BELOW WATER SHOOTING】Moving the waterline away from the lens makes it...
- 【HIGH QUALITY PARTS】Made of quality PC+Acrylic, high transparent material to offer you high...
- 【ALL IN ONE AMAZING DESIGN】All in one polycarbonate body and waterproof Housing for Camera,...
- 【FULL ACCESSORIES KIT INCLUDED】This Dome Port Cover Kit comes with full necessary accessories...
This one is especially for people who want to use their GoPro while swimming so they can hold other things and focus on swimming better.
This is better than a head strap as you don’t have to wear the scuba mask separately with the head-strapped GoPro.
The Octomask is a scuba mask with a built-in GoPro mount so you can swim easily and hold other things.
It is comfortable to wear and allows you to swim freely without having your head being tied to a strap the whole time. Moreover, it works with all GoPro models.
- WORKS WITH ALL GOPRO MODELS including the new GoPro Hero 10, in addition to all other previous...
- 100% MASK FIT GUARANTEE to ensure you have the best possible diving experience with our products!
- FEATURES AN ULTRA SOFT SILICONE SKIRT made from the highest quality silicone to ensure one of the...
- INCLUDES ALUMINUM THUMBSCREW AND TRAVEL BAG with your mask to make easily storing and attaching your...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE we are confident that after trying our mask you will agree that its one...
BEST GOPRO MOUNTS
Advantages of Using GoPro Mounts
• Allows you to capture and share immersive footage of your favorite activities.
• Get the perfect shot wherever you are, from above or below water level.
• Easily transforms into a selfie stick with just one click.
• There is no need to worry about movement because each mount has been crafted with anti-vibration capabilities.
How many times have you gone swimming and lost your GoPro? However, such a problem concludes with this floating handgrip GoPro mount. It offers you a tight grip on its handle made of high-quality non-slip foam.
It is pocket size and portable and will float in water.
Moreover, there is a multipurpose hollow compartment in there that will help you store your essentials.
This mount is compatible with GoPro HD silver and black, Hero 9, Hero 8, Hero 7, Hero 1, Hero 2, Hero 3, Hero 3+, Hero 4, Hero 4s, Hero 6, and Hero 5.
- Keeps Your GoPro afloat Better than ever before so you can Shoot in and around the Water worry Free;...
- Easy to switch between mounts with a quick release base
- Enables more stable footage than Holding the Camera by hand makes it easy to aim your camera and...
- Comfortable, non slip construction for a secure grip
- Perfect for surfing, kayaking, Wakeboarding and other Water sports
This is one of the most versatile and flexible pods which is a go-to mount for most people.
You can wrap its flexible legs to anything and place it in any position allowing you to shoot comfortably and get the view from any angle you want.
Moreover, it comes with a 360-degree panning bed and 90 degrees tilt so you can just rotate it instead of having to change the position of the mount over and over again.
This mount is small enough for you to put it in your backpack.
No products found.
If you are someone who loves mountain biking and loves to shoot your action then this is the best fit for you.
Compared to chest mounts this will give you a wider perspective of the location and your actions.
It can be mounted on the front or side of the helmet whichever is pretty comfortable. You can easily adjust and rotate the camera with the swivel mount assembly.
It also mounts to any kind of helmet or you can use the one that GoPro makes specifically for this purpose. Moreover, it is compatible with all kinds of GoPro.
- Versatile front and side helmet-mounting solution
- Offers maximum adjustability for a variety of shots and capture angles
- Includes easier-to-use integrated mounting buckle
- 1x Swivel Mount, 1 QR, 1x Short Twist 90, 2x Curved adhesive, 1x long thumbscrew, 1x Navarro...
- Compatible with all GoPro HERO Cameras
The ultra-clamp mount is a mounting accessory for cameras and fits perfectly on anything and you wouldn’t need to worry about it falling or getting lost.
Also, there’s no need to adjust it a million times over.
You can mount it on a bench, railing, or even a tour bus. In addition to that, it has a solid build so you can use it in rough environments.
It offers quick and easy adjustments and allows the equipment to be positioned at any angle offering varied views.
- Adjustable clamp and mount accessory for cameras, spotting scopes, binoculars and other optic...
- Attaches to round and flat objects up to 1.5 inches thick, such as handlebars, car windows, roll...
- Ball and socket head allows for quick and easy adjustment and positioning of equipment at any angle
- Durable aluminum clamp body and screw securely holds devices up to 6 pounds
This mini camera suction cup mounts to anything, be it a smooth or non-porous surface, and is perfect for any shooting environment.
It is perfect for driving videos and holds the GoPro steadily on the windshield so you get to record a nice still video.
You can also shoot great driving lapse videos and wouldn’t have to worry about your GoPro or the mount falling.
The dimensions of this mount are usually around 3.5 x 7 x 9.2 inches and weigh around 0.62 pounds. Besides, it offers 360-degrees tilt, turn, and rotation.
- Mounts to Any Smooth, Non-Porous Surface or Object
- Patented 3 in. Industrial Suction Cup
- Universal ¼”-20 Photography Mount
- 360° Tilt, Turn and Rotation
- Ruggedly Constructed to Endure Any Shooting Environment
Best GoPro Mounts – Buying Considerations
Phew! The above list might seem like a lot, especially for first-time buyers. We make life easier for you in the following buying guide.
It will help you zero in on what you want of a GoPro mount and help you choose the perfect companion for your precious GoPro.
Best For GoPro Compatibility
If you are looking for a GoPro mount that is compatible with a wide range of GoPros then the floating hand grip is the best for you.
It is compatible with GoPro HD silver and black, Hero 9, Hero 8, Hero 7, Hero 1, Hero 2, Hero 3, Hero 3+, Hero 4, Hero 4s, Hero 6, and Hero 5.
Best For Handling And Grip
It’s annoying when amidst shooting you have to adjust your grip again and again especially when the handle is slipping off your hand.
If you have this issue, then the floating hand grip and Telesin dome port are the best for you.
They make you feel like the GoPro is a part of you and gives you great control over it.
Best For Underwater Shooting
If you’re shooting mainly involves underwater shots or you want to get the mount that is tailored specifically for this use then the Telesin dome port is a fantastic addition for you.
Its dome port pushes the water away from the lens so the vision doesn’t get blurred and you can shoot some epic shots.
Furthermore, the Octomask is also a good choice for underwater shooting.
Best In Flexibility
If you are looking for a flexible mount that you can fit anywhere and position in whichever way you want then the Joby Gorilla Pod is the best for you.
The Joby has the most flexible legs that you can wrap around any surface and shoot easily from any angle.
Best For Biking
Shooting while mountain biking with the tripod in the hand is a difficult task and you wouldn’t want to get a mount that slips off and hinders your shooting.
For this purpose, you need a mount that will give you a wider perspective and fits perfectly without budging.
In that regard GoPro helmet front, mount, and capture camera click by peak design is the best for you.
Best GoPro Mounts – Wrapping Up
Choosing a GoPro mount is not that hard as choosing a GoPro.
However, it’s still difficult to figure out which one will best meet your needs and we have done that part for you in the guide above and have listed some amazing products you can choose from.
All you need to do now is put your finger on the one you want and go ahead and buy it. Happy shooting!
We have Gear Buyer’s Guides on every type of Filmmaking Equipment!