GoPros have come a long way since their release. Originally seen as a gimmick or a novelty, these cameras have taken center stage as the go-to devices for filming action sequences. It’s easy to see why.
Their small size allows them to be mounted or carried easily and the video quality has only gotten better and better as time went on.
Professionals around the world use GoPro for your action shooting from sports events to wildlife and extreme sports.
However, one of the challenges that arise with using GoPros is image stabilization. While some GoPros have built-in image stabilization, it’s still not enough.
Best GoPro Gimbal – Introduction
“What do you need, then?” you might ask.
A gimbal, of course. It will help you record butter-smooth footage and eliminate all camera shake. The market for GoPro gimbals is huge.
Thus, it can be a daunting task to find the right gimbal for you. There are also a lot of things to consider.
That’s why today we’re talking about the best GoPro gimbals. We’re going to look at some of the finest deals you can get on the market today. We’ll also list some of the things you have to consider before buying one.
The Best GoPro Gimbal
Let’s take a look at which GoPro gimbals are worth your time and money.
If you would like a Gimbal made by GoPro themselves, look no further than the Karma Grip. The Karma Grip has a premium feel to it.
You can tell this is a top-tier GoPro just from holding it. With the Karma Grip, you’ll have no worries about shakiness when filming videos.
The Karma Grip gimbal comes with a warranty by GoPro. This will come in handy if you ever need to change the device or any of its parts.
The gimbal offers great support for the hand. The design is compact but it comes with a tradeoff. The battery life of the gimbal doesn’t go beyond the 3-hour mark.
This issue can be remedied by using some spare batteries to use whenever the battery runs out.
With that said, the Karma Grip is a great Gimbal by GoPro. Thanks to its 3-Axis stabilization, quality build, and feel, it’s a solid choice that’s compatible with the GoPro Hero 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- Capture amazingly smooth shake free video
- Compatible with GoPro body mounts
- Includes karma harness for Hero6 black/Hero5 black/Hero7 black
- Karma harness for Hero4 black and silver cameras sold separately
- Built in camera controls; recharge up to 70 percentage faster
The Zhiyun Smooth 4 is a 3-axis gimbal that’ll help you shoot smooth footage and do much more than that. You can roll and tilt this light and compact Gimbal at 240 degrees.
The Smooth 4 can even be set as a tripod making for easy and convenient execution of shooting setups.
The battery life of the Smooth 4 is incredibly long at 12 hours. Just give it the required 3 hours charge time and you’ll be set for the whole day.
The camera controls on the grip are intuitive and versatile. You can zoom on and off, power the gimbal, record or stop using just your thumb.
This gimbal also has some modes that can be activated with a single click. Things like Vertigo and POV Orbital Sho as well as a Roll-angle Time Lapse are at the tip of your fingers. Additional the gimbal is splashproof
One last thing to mention is that you’ll need a special mount to use the Smooth 4 with your GoPro. It comes packed in with most kits.
But just to be sure, read up on what’s included in the box. Overall, a fantastic Gimbal worthy of your time and money.
- 👍👍【Filmic Pro】The official APP for Smooth 4 is called ZY play. But Filmic Pro has best in...
- 👍👍【Control Panel】Integrated control panel design,Focus Pull & Zoom Capability
- ✅✅【MUST KNOW】Balance the gimbal before use: Slide the smartphoone in as close as possible to...
- 👍👍【PhoneGo Mode】PhoneGo Mode for Instant Scene Transition
- 👍👍【Time Lapse & Object Tracking】Time Lapse Expert and Object Tracking available, Supports...
The REMOVU S1 is a 3-axis Gimbal. It’s equipped with rotary sensors and brushless motors. This guarantees that your footage will be steady.
Capturing videos using this gimbal is a joy as you see all undesirable camera movement being corrected on the 3 axes.
An impressive feature of the REMOVU S1 is the weather sealing. It can withstand rain, so you can take it out and do all the outdoor shooting you’d like without any worry.
The S1 is even compatible with many mounting systems so you can use it for all your hand-free shooting.
You can also use a wireless remote control that comes with the S1. It allows you to change camera angles and video modes in a snappy manner. This Gimbal is compatible with the GoPro HERO 3, 3+, 4, 5, and Session
- REMOVU S1 is the 3-axis gimbal for use with GoPro cameras. With three brushless DC motors and rotary...
- The S1 can be mounted anywhere a GoPro can be mounted. Mount it to your body, a bike, a helmet,...
- The S1 also comes with a detachable hand grip that is equipped with a wireless joystick remote,...
- The motors and body are specially designed to be water resistant – With an Ingress Protection...
- Powered by a removable rechargeable Li-Ion battery with a 3-5 hour batter life on a single charge -...
If you’re looking for a gimbal that’ll help you stabilize video shake and unwanted movement but would like to not go broke, the Hohem iSteady Pro 3 might be the gimbal for you. This gimbal is splashproof and has proven to be very popular with GoPro users.
You can use the iSteady Pro 3 with the GoPro HERO 9/8/7/6/5/4/3+/3. Additionally, you can even use it with sports cameras of the same size.
The Hohem iSteady comes at a lower price than most of the competition but that doesn’t mean that the iSteady Pro 3 has less to offer.
The Hohem packs impressive features like 4 distinct shooting modes and a whopping 12-hour battery life. It also offers 600 degrees motion range.
The controls on the handgrip are easy to reach and offer some decent customization. You can also program hotkeys for your convenience using the official app.
At this price range, Hohem’s iSteady Pro 3 simply has no competition especially when you take in its performance and range of features. You’ll get all the quality stabilization and get to keep most of your paycheck. It’s a win-win.
- ✈【Newly Developed 3D "Inception" Mode】 Proudly present the updated Hohem gimbal stabilizer....
- ✈【Updated Sports Mode & Perfect Balance】 Updated sports mode allows you to shoot incredibly...
- ✈【You can also be a Professional Director】 From fast-moving action, like sports, to vlogs and...
- ✈【Endless Possibilities via "Hohem Gimbal" APP】 Enjoy controlling your filming tool both on...
- ✈【"Time-lapse" & Up to 12H Running Time】 Tracking face/object and recording all motions in a...
The GP-PRO is one of the most responsive gimbals on the market right now. The stabilization on this gimbal is wickedly fast.
Thanks to very precise brushless motors built into the Gimbal, it offers fast and smooth performance. You can also tune the camera movement by using the GP-PRO’s 4-way joystick to move the axes of the gimbal.
The Gimbal also offers different modes such as inverted, heading follow, and heading lock. This makes it easier to perform complex shot combinations using the gimbal.
Moreover, you can use the GP-PRO with every GoPro accessory you can imagine!
Additionally, you can extend the battery life of the gimbal using the included battery charger. Overall, this is a solid gimbal for those looking for quick, accurate, and smooth stabilization. It’s also an easy pick if you already have other GoPro accessories.
- 3-Axis Precision: Eliminates bumpy video and allows you to easily shoot pro-quality, cinematic like...
- Easy Setup: The EVO GP features high power, high torque motors delivering an unparalleled level of...
- Versatility: The EVO GP features a built in charging cable to extend your GoPro's battery life. The...
- Multiple Shooting Modes: Heading Follow Mode, Heading Lock Mode, Heading/Pitch Follow Mode, and...
- Unprecedented Warranty: Backed by a 1 Year USA Parts and Labor Warranty the EVO GP comes complete...
Feiyutech’s offering is a 3-axis splashproof gimbal that has an amazingly long battery life and intuitive controls. The G6 offers a selection of amazing stabilization modes.
You can pick between lock mode, panoramic mode, selfie mode, and pan following mode among others.
You will also get a 360 degrees range of panning and tilting the camera. Additionally, you’ll have 320 degrees rolling range. This makes getting a wider range of shots much easier. Regardless of what mode you pick, the G6 will always deliver butter smooth performance.
The G6 is not only compatible with GoPro’s lineup of action cameras but a wide variety of cameras out there including competing brands and even smartphones (with a special mount).
So, even if you change cameras in the future you can rely on the G6 to stay with you.
Overall, the Feiyu G6 sets the standard when it comes to quality gimbals for GoPros and action cameras in general.
The G6 meets all expectations and even exceeds them in a few regards. Highly recommended if you want the best of the best.
- 【All in One Gimbal】With the new strong magnetic and high torque brushless motor, FeiyuTech G6...
- 【Half Size of A4 Paper & Better Compatibility】The payload of G6 Max is increased up to...
- 【Motor Lock & New Quick Release】All 3 axis are designed with physical motor locks to prevent...
- 【Improved "Magic Focus Ring" 2.0】The multi-functional "Magic Focus Ring" of G6 Max is upgraded...
- 【Better OLED Screen Interactive Experience】Feiyu G6 Max equipped with a low-power consumption...
Best GoPro Gimbal – Purchasing Considerations
Before you pick up a Gimbal and mount your GoPro on it, here are a few things to consider first.
The Quality Of Stabilization
You’ll always need to look up how many axes the gimbal uses. You’ll mostly find that they list 3 and that’s what you should aim for. Some gimbals only have one axis which is not enough to support enough stabilization to your footage.
Another thing to ask about is the fluidity of the motors and how responsive they are. Make sure to read reviews and see what others are saying before you rush into a purchase.
Additionally, you’ll want the motors to be listed as brushless. This is because brushless motors are quiet.
The Weight Of The Gimbal
You’ll be carrying the GoPro and the gimbal for a long time. So it stands to reason that you’ll want the lightest option on the market. That makes sense but know that every gram added to the weight accounts for additional features.
For instance, gimbals with larger batteries that offer longer operating times are heavier. Additionally, the material of the gimbal affects its weight. Metal gimbals are heavier but they are also sturdier so make sure that you strike a balance between features and weight.
The Durability Of The Gimbal
This sounds sinister but you need to consider the type of shooting you’ll be doing using the gimbal.
If you’re not planning to do anything that could damage the gimbal like extreme sports shooting, you could get away with picking a lighter plastic gimbal.
However, if you’re planning to take that gimbal for a ride, you’ll want something made from metal since it’ll be more durable.
The size will also be bigger as the gimbal will include a large but strong handle while more casual gimbals will have a longer thinner handle.
In addition, with a sturdier build, one can expect the Gimbal to be weatherproof. Not necessarily to use the camera underwater but more so to be used during rain.
The Best GoPro Gimbals – Wrapping Up
This brings us to the conclusion of our guide on the best GoPro gimbals.
While action cameras have come a long way since their inception, including things like digital image stabilization, eliminating camera shake is still something that needs to be done mechanically.
Thus, gimbals are your best friend.
While there are a lot of options on the market, you’ll only really need to consider a few things like how many axes the gimbal uses and the type of motors built-in. Other things like the weight and material are up to your liking.
The Gimbals we included in our guide are by far the best on the market. They combine all the pros a gimbal can have with little or no cons.
So what are you waiting for? Get the gimbal you seek and start filming your GoPro videos with butter-smooth stability.