So you’re looking for the best video camera? Isn’t everyone?
Well, the truth is everyone has different needs and requirements from a video camera. In this article, we’ll take a look at what those requirements might be, as well as feature a number of video cameras that we believe to be outstanding.
Over the past few years, a lot of video cameras have surged in the markets. Some are great, some are good, and some don’t even live up to the standards.
As of now, there are many of them, and they all have different characteristics.
You probably want a video camera that can capture moments in great detail, one that can take great videos with less effort on your part.
But, there are many options to choose from, so you have no idea which camera will suit your needs.
Besides, you don’t even know about camera specifications, therefore, you don’t have an idea about which one to choose.
Best Video Camera – An Introduction
It’s normal — it happens to everyone. Most people want the best camera there is in the market, yet they don’t know which one it is.
There are too many brands out there that they don’t even have enough time to figure out which one is the best.
Still, don’t worry: I have got you covered. Figuring out which video camera is the best is a time-consuming process—and also a daunting one for some people.
That’s why I wrote this article—it will educate you about the best video camera there is in a few minutes.
You will know about it, regardless of whether you understand cameras or not.
What Makes The Best Video Camera?
Firstly, if you want to know the best camera there is, you should look at the camera specifications.
Being the best video camera isn’t all about picture quality. There are a lot of factors that come into play— and they are the ones that determine a camera’s status.
All cameras have similar characteristics, but some have superior functions to their counterparts.
Others have functions that are only found on that particular brand, and nowhere else. Those extraordinary qualities are what we look at on a great camera.
They make certain brands stand out from the rest and as a result, they will have a short at becoming the best video camera.
Also, filming will run smoothly as there won’t be any problems with the gadget.
In other words, you mustn’t consider basic camera functions. They are good for capturing a decent video, but they certainly won’t make a camera the best.
Below, I will give you certain characteristics that make video cameras stand out.
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI full frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed
- 15 stop dynamic range, 14 bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800. Compatible with Sony E mount...
- Up to 10fps silent or mechanical shutter with AE/AF tracking. Battery life (Still Images): Approx....
- 693 phase detection / 425 contrast AF points w/ 93 percent image coverage. Focus sensor: Exmor R...
- In the box: Rechargeable battery (NP FZ100), AC adapter (AC UUD12), shoulder strap, body cap,...
Here is the thing: this feature is unique. If a camera doesn’t have image stabilization, it won’t be good enough to be called the best. Well, it will be bad for that reason.
Nobody wants to see an unstable video. The video will be of poor quality.
In short, image stabilization is a must-have feature on a video camera.
BEST VIDEO CAMERA
What Is A Video Camera?
Video cameras are used for many different types of media productions, including TV shows and movies. They can also be used by videographers to capture personal events such as weddings or other events.
The camera captures the footage which is then transferred to a computer for editing. Video cameras come in all shapes and sizes, with some being very small and portable while others are larger and more cumbersome.
They are an essential tool for journalists, filmmakers, and anyone who needs to record what’s happening around them.
Who wants a camera that needs a bag to carry it around? Do you need a huge camera that can barely fit in your hands?
I doubt you would want such a camera. Nobody would.
A huge camera is a pain to carry around.
On the other hand, a portable one is great—you can effortlessly carry it anywhere. There is no doubt that it would be more ideal to have.
Therefore, this feature can make a camera great.
Most cameras have an HDMI, which is used for displaying video on other screens. It’s fine, but frankly speaking, it’s not good enough.
If a camera has an HDMI as its only output method, it won’t be the best, no doubt about that.
There are many reasons why I say so: HDMI connectors are fragile, the coverage distance is limited, and it’s inconvenient as you will need to carry around an HDMI cable.
With all these issues at hand, there is no way a camera can become the best.
If you know nothing about cameras, you may be wondering, “then what video output method makes the best video camera?”
It’s an SDI cable output.
This one is great. It’s similar to an HDMI, but it’s way more professional. An SDI has a longer reach—it’s over 300 feet.
Moreover, it’s more reliable. HDMI cables can easily be unplugged or misstepped over, and it’s frustrating. But when it comes to the SDI, that’s not the case.
Therefore, SDI should be considered when determining the best video camera.
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range...
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in- camera still frame grab of 4K...
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or live view shooting; LCD...
- Excellent performance - up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high-performance DIGIC 6 plus...
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon camera into a...
This feature is crucial, yet it is often overlooked by people. If a camera’s battery power is poor, it won’t work for long durations.
That means you will have to charge it after a short time of use.
That’s bad, and on top of that, it’s inconvenient. You wouldn’t want a camera that won’t last for long.
A great video camera should have a battery that can last for at least 5 hrs of use. Nonstop.
Video Resolution Options
We all love high-quality videos. Presumably, you wouldn’t want anything that’s below 1080p, let alone 360p.
But here is the thing: having a camera that has the option to output video at a resolution of your choice is great.
It’s not to say you will want the low quality. Having the freedom to choose your resolution is better than being limited to the same high-quality.
Those video resolutions can come in handy at some point.
You might have low storage, or you may want to send a video to someone who doesn’t have an internet connection that supports high-quality videos.
Perhaps you might even need the different resolutions for various reasons which are a great deal to you.
Either way, the resolution option will be useful for you. You might not need it necessarily, but it’s still a great feature to have because you will need it at some point.
- 4K1 16: 9 video optimized 1/2. 5” Exmor R low-light CMOS Sensor
- Built-in gimbal - Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilizer
- 20x optical zoom and Clear Image Zoom of 30x for 4K1 / 40x for HD2
- Fast Intelligent AF tracks focus to captures decisive moments
- 26. 8mm2 wide-angle ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T zoom lens
What Is The Best Video Camera?
Now that we have a grasp of a few characteristics that make the best video camera, it’s time to tell you which one it is.
As I once stated, there are a lot of cameras out there. There are cellphones, camcorders, mirrorless cameras, broadcast video cameras, and cinema cameras.
These are all great for video, but some are more remarkable than others when it comes to filming.
Out of those many options, the best video camera is the Camcorder.
You may be wondering why I say so.
It’s simple—a camcorder camera matches all the characteristics mentioned above. Well, it has many other features and specifications that make it stand out from the rest.
First of all, a camcorder is simple to use. Regardless of whether you are a pro or not, you can use this camera with ease.
- 5K Video - Shoot stunning video with up to 5K resolution, perfect for maintaining detail even when...
- 20MP Photo with SuperPhoto - Capture crisp, pro-quality photos with 20MP clarity. And with...
- Front Display plus Rear Touch Screen - A new, larger rear touch screen with touch zoom on HERO9...
- Live Streaming plus Webcam - Live stream in 1080p on social, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you...
- HyperSmooth 3.0 - Experience the ultimate smoothness with our most advanced video stabilization ever
The settings and menus are easy to understand, so you won’t need a lot of technical knowledge, unlike other cameras.
Also, they have many external adjustments that can make the camcorder much easier to use. You can manually adjust the camera to suit your needs.
You wouldn’t want a camera to slip off your hands while filming, would you? The camcorder takes care of that for you. It has handles for handheld work.
This makes it easier to hold the camera while shooting, which also makes the process smoother and more comfortable.
BEST VIDEO CAMERA
Advantages of Using Video In Marketing Campaigns
• Provide an extra level of authenticity for your content.
• A medium that really connects with viewers, improves engagement and increases sales.
• Help communicate your message more effectively.
• Increase reach to a wider audience.
What’s more — the camcorder has built-in features that make it all the more ideal to use.
With the built-in microphone, you can record satisfactory audio, even though it doesn’t reach the standards of an external mic.
It also has a built-in zoom feature. With it, you can autofocus on your subject in great detail.
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8...
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84 percent of the...
- Fast and accurate: Up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24.2 MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: Make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film
Apart from that, camcorders have touchscreen monitors. You can fix your settings and do all the work needed without the use of buttons.
That’s great because buttons are outdated, and also, they are boring.
Most cameras have a 1080p HD video quality. It’s great—no doubt about that.
But when it comes to the camcorder, it’s a step ahead of the others. It has 4K at 60p video quality.
If you are into technology, I’m certain you are aware that this is a big deal.
4K quality is the best there is, no other quality can rival it. The camcorder has it, and it makes the camera even better.
Lastly, the camcorder has multiple video output methods. Unlike most cameras that have only 1, it has 2: HDMI and SDI.
Of course, SDI is superior to HDMI, but for the sake of convenience, the camcorder has both.
That’s great as you will have a wide choice of output to choose from.
That’s what makes the camcorder the best video camera.
- Genuine Canon 20x High Definition Optical Zoom Lens
- Advanced HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor with Improved Low-light Performance
- Full HD 1920x1080 Recording Capabilities
- HD/SD-SDI Output
- 3.0-inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Tilt able Electronic Viewfinder
Best Video Camera – Final Thoughts
With all these in mind, we can safely say that the camcorder is the best video camera to date. It has simple features that an amateur or pro can easily understand.
Although that’s the case, the camera still stands out, even though it doesn’t have complex functions.
It has a great many characteristics, which when considered together makes this type of camera unique.
So go grab your camcorder and start seeing its superiority for yourself.
There are many camcorder brands: Canon, Sony, Panasonic, and the likes. The three I mentioned are the best out there, at least for now.
With the camcorder at hand, you will notice for yourself that it is the best video camera.
We have Gear Buyer’s Guides on every type of Filmmaking Equipment!