You may be wondering, “What is a 4k camera?” 4k resolution is the newest and most talked-about resolution in the filming world.
4K technology has been around for years but with the new technology available today it’s finally here to stay.
What Is A 4K Camera?
What Is A 4K Camera?
The short answer is that 4K refers to the number of pixels in an image.
Traditional HD 1080p cameras max out at about 2 megapixels or 2.1 megapixels to be exact.
The 4K resolution is four times that amount, coming in at 8 megapixels or 8.8 megapixels (depending on who you talk to).
That’s a big difference especially when you’re trying to enlarge your picture and sharpen it up for print or film purpose.
One more thing: true 4K is 4096 x 2160 with a pixel ratio of 1:1.78, while UHD has 3840 x 2160 with a pixel ratio of 1:1.9.
While there are some differences between these two standards, for the sake of this article we will focus on UHD as it’s the current industry standard for professional cameras and produces higher quality results than traditional HD cameras.
Best Cheap 4K Camera
Let’s jump right into our list of the best cheap 4K cameras.
Panasonic Lumix Gh5 Ii
The Lumix GH5 II lives up to its predecessor. It still has the same video capabilities, and it’s still got a lot of the same features.
The two cameras are only different in terms of the improvements that were made, which is what makes the GH5 II so appealing.
The camera has been redesigned to be smaller than its predecessor. The original GH5 was large, bulky, and difficult to handle with one hand.
The GH5 II is much more compact and easier to hold onto. It also comes with an electronic viewfinder, something that most DSLR cameras don’t have.
This is a huge plus for anyone who needs to shoot video while looking through the viewfinder instead of from behind it. One of the biggest changes that this camera has undergone is in its autofocus capabilities.
The GH5 II now comes with dual memory card slots and a new autofocus system that can track moving objects much better than its predecessor. The battery life has also been increased by almost double by increasing the number of cells in the battery pack by one.
The battery life will last you up to four hours on a single charge, which should be enough time for most shoots. The GH5 II has four microphone ports, allowing you to record audio while shooting video.
- Professional quality photo and 4K video performance in a durable magnesium alloy body.
- Includes the LEICA DG VARIO-ELMARIT 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 Lens (Power O.I.S. / 62mm Filter Tread / 4 ASPH...
- 20.3MP Micro Four Thirds sensor with no low pass filter.
- 5-Axis photo/video Dual I.S.. 2.0 up to 5 Stops with compatible LUMIX MFT lenses, plus In-body...
- 4K video: Internal recording at 4k60/50P (4:2:0 8bit) & 4k30/25P/24P (4:2:2 10bit).
Panasonic Lumix Dc-S5
The Panasonic Lumix Dc-S5 is a very attractive and compact digital camera. It’s small enough to fit in your pocket and has the highest rating for a point-and-shoot camera on CNET.com, 4.5 out of 5 stars.
This camera has 12 megapixels, and it’s a 7 x zoom that goes up to 28 mm, and then you can digitally zoom in if you want to get closer to your subject.
Speaking of which, here’s our video guide to the close-up shot:
It has an easy interface, so anyone can pick it up quickly and start taking pictures right away, including kids. The camera has excellent photo quality, with both indoor and outdoor shots looking very crisp and clear.
The LCD screen on this camera is large enough to review pictures, which makes it easy for you to delete the ones that aren’t perfect.
This particular model doesn’t have Wi-Fi or GPS capabilities like some of the more advanced cameras do, but those features are usually not necessary for beginners anyway.
This Panasonic Lumix Dc-S5 is a good value for the money because it has all the basic functions that most people need from a point and shoot camera. If you’re looking for something more advanced.
- A LIGHTWEIGHT, POWERFUL HYBRID CAMERA FOR VIBRANT STILL PHOTOGRAPHY AND CINEMATIC VIDEO: Realize...
- DETAILED PHOTO AND VIDEO THAT WILL DELIGHT ENTHUSIASTS AND EXPERTS ALIKE: Capture content in...
- IMPROVED, HIGH-PRECISION AUTOFOCUS AND POWERFUL IMAGE STABILIZATION: Improved autofocus includes...
- EXPANDED FEATURES OFFER NEW LEVELS OF CREATIVITY: Use Live View Composite mode to instantly create a...
The Fujifilm X-S10 is a mid-range mirrorless camera with advanced features and a high quality lens kit. It’s aimed at the enthusiast photographer who wants to move up from their smartphone, but isn’t ready to commit to the larger price tag of professional level cameras.
It costs about $500 for the body alone, or you can get the kit with two lenses for about $700.
It’s is sleek and stylish without being too flashy. The silver color makes it look like an expensive camera, even though it’s not.
The buttons are also well placed, so they’re easy to access when using the camera.
The X-S10 comes with a 28mm f/1.6 lens that has a 10x optical zoom and electronic image stabilization, which helps eliminate blurriness in photos. There’s also a 32mm f/2 wide angle lens available for an additional $300.
One of my favorite features on this camera is the ability to shoot continuously at up to 10 frames per second and take as many shots as you need before taking another picture. This is great for action shots because you can capture everything you want in one image instead of having to take multiple ones.
- It’s All About How It Feels: X-S10 has been designed to provide on-the-go photographers with...
- Making State-of-the-Art Simple: Designed to be simple and minimalist on the outside, X-S10 still...
- Putting Stability in Your Hands: To document the most amazing moments, you need to be in the right...
- From Small Camera to Big Screen: Video is becoming an increasingly important means of expression for...
- Powerful Image Manipulation Made Easy: Fujifilm has been producing photographic films for over 85...
The Fujifilm X100 line of cameras has a cult like following. Since the X100 was first released in 2011, the line has been seen as the top of the line for street photography and general point and shoot cameras.
It continues that legacy, adding some very nice features to the already impressive series.
Tilt screen: One feature that sets the X100v apart from other models is its tilting screen. At first glance this may not seem like a big deal, especially because it is a secondary tilt screen.
But there are many times when you would want to tilt your screen so that you can see what you are doing without looking down at your camera. For those who shoot video this is an extremely useful feature.
Fujifilm has really outdone themselves with this new model. It seems like they have thought of everything when creating this camera.
They have even added a grip on the front of the camera so that it fits more comfortably in your hand while using the shutter button and control dials on top of the camera.
This is a major improvement and makes it much more comfortable to hold than older models, which were basically flat with only two small bumps on each side to show where your fingers went.
The Fujifilm X100v is a beautifully crafted camera that’s perfect for the advanced photographer. It has an APS-C sensor, a 24.3MP resolution, and it weighs only 0.7 pounds.
The price of $1,299 makes it a pricey option for the casual photographer, but if you’re looking for a high-end compact camera, this is one of the best options on the market.
You can take photos with absolute clarity because of the combination of its f/2 lens, its electronic shutter and its hybrid viewfinder (OVF/EVF). You also have access to a wide variety of settings that let you control the white balance, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity and other settings.
This camera has built-in Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to use it with your smartphone or tablet. With these features, you can send photos wirelessly or use your device as a remote trigger or wireless viewer/reviewer.
The only downside for some might be that there are no external controls for aperture or shutter speed. Instead, you have to adjust these settings through the menu system on the LCD screen.
While this is not ideal for everyone, it’s likely to be fine for most people who are used to using digital.
- Great Photography Every Day, Everywhere: X100V features a newly designed, incorporated 23mmF2 lens,...
- Designed for Quality and Speed: From fleeting holiday moments and family celebrations to...
- Two ways to See an Image: To truly convey the magic of a scene, you need to be immersed in the...
- Frame the Perfect Image: X100V has been specifically tailored for photographers who are never...
- Movies on the Move: The X100V allows you to explore a whole new world of image making with the...
The Sony Zv-1 Digital Voice Recorder is the high-tech equivalent of that device that’s been around since the dawn of the 20th century.
What does it do? It records voices. In digital format.
And then, you can listen to them on your computer, or load them onto a CD and give it to your friends, or play it for your enemies.
What sets this apart from simpler voice recorders is its ability to store up to 64 GB of data, which can hold about 40 hours of recording time. It also has a convenient USB port so you can download information directly from the device instead of having to connect it to a computer with a cable.
You’ve seen the ads for the Zv-1, and you’ve probably thought about buying one.
Thing is, it’s a pretty expensive gadget. The cheapest cost $300, but more than likely you’ll have to buy it for about $400.
And that’s just the entry level model. It doesn’t even include a stand.
If you want to add a stand and the docking station, that’s another $100 on top of the price of the camera itself.
Sony has made it clear that they are targeting professionals with this camera, so you have to decide if it’s worth the investment.
You should also consider whether or not this camera is right for your needs because there are some things you should know before making this purchase.
The Zv-1 has been compared favorably to other cameras on the market, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect – far from it. Here are some common complaints:
It takes too long to start up – This is an issue because if you’re in a hurry to take a picture, it might be difficult to get your shot off before your subject moves away or something else happens.
A lot of users prefer a camera that loads quickly so they aren’t standing around waiting for their picture to be taken.
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1” Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM. Large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8...
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus and Real Time Eye Autofocus and Real-time Autofocus tracking.
- Side flip-out 3.0” LCD screen that also tilts up and down for easier to compose selfie shots
- Quickly switch between two modes of defocused background bokeh
- Product Showcase Setting transitions focus from face to object
The Sony α6400 is a camera that you can use for many things. The camera is capable of shooting images and videos in a variety of situations.
You can shoot pictures of your kids and family, friends, or even nature.
I’ve had the Sony A6400 for over a year now and I’m very happy with it. It’s a good choice for anyone who wants to take photos and videos on the go.
It has a 24 megapixel APS-C sensor which allows the camera to take high quality images and videos.
This is the same sensor as used in the more expensive α6500 which makes this camera even more appealing! The cameras autofocus system works extremely well in most situations even when light conditions are not optimal.
The Sony A6400 has built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) which allows you to transfer images from your camera to your smartphone or tablet easily. The image transfer happens quickly and is very simple.
The feature set on this camera will rival many DSLR cameras on the market today allowing you to do everything from taking superb pictures of your kids, family, nature and friends to creating time lapse videos.
- Next Gen speed: experience the world’s fastest 0. 02 sec AF with real-time AF and object tracking
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84% of the sensor
- Fast and accurate: up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24. 2MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film
Gopro Hero10 Black
Gopro Hero10 Black is the best action camera in the market. It has a lot of exciting features like voice control and image stabilization. The videos are very smooth and clear with amazing sound quality.
The battery timing is also very good. You can easily record for an hour without any problem.
The camera is waterproof up to 10m which will let you capture your underwater experiences too.
You can connect it with your phone and easily share your photos and videos on social media networks like Instagram, Facebook etc with no hassle. You can also connect it to some smart TVs for big screen entertainment.
The camera has 12 mp ultra-wide lens which will capture more area in one shot allowing you to make epic panoramas like never before. You can also shoot time lapse videos easily with this camera as well as 4K videos at 60 fps.
The GoPro Hero10 Black is a perfect camera for both newbies and experienced videographers. It’s a great entry level camera with an affordable price, so even if you don’t have much experience in photography it will be easy to learn.
The GoPro Hero10 Black is a rugged, waterproof, mountable camera that can capture everything from the cockpit of your bike to the top of Mount Everest. No matter where you take it, you won’t have any problem capturing high-quality pictures or video.
- Revolutionary Processor: Faster. Smoother. Better. The powerful new GP2 engine changes the...
- High-Res Photos plus Videos, High Frame Rate: Step up to the sharpest-shooting GoPro ever. Upgraded...
- Unbelievable Image Quality: Shoot with fine detail, realistic textures and stunning contrast, even...
- HyperSmooth 4.0: HyperSmooth has never been smoother, and it’s easy to dial in the best...
- Fast, Reliable Connectivity: Super easy, super fast. Transferring photos and videos from your...
Panasonic Lumix G9
There are a lot of mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras on the market, from the budget friendly to the pro level.
But if you want a camera that’s easy to use, offers a lot of manual control and can be used with a vast range of lenses without breaking your bank, then consider the Panasonic Lumix G9 (MSRP $1,999.99).
It combines solid build quality with impressive image and video quality for both stills and video.
A new 20MP Micro Four Thirds sensor and Venus Engine 10 image processor that offer excellent image quality even at high ISOs. The ability to record 4K video internally in both UHD and DCI 4K flavors at up to 30 fps or 1080p video at up to 180 fps with full-time AF tracking.
And it’s not just good for still images; its ISO sensitivity extends from 200 to 25600, which is great news for videographers who need cleaner footage in low-light situations. There’s also an electronic shutter mode for completely silent operation when using an external microphone.
The G9 is weatherproofed against dust and splashes, which makes it well suited for shooting outdoors or in inclement weather. It has three customizable physical dials on top that let you quickly change.
- IMPRESSIVE HYBRID PROFESSIONAL CAMERA WITH POWERFUL VIDEO: Latest firmware adds enhanced video...
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTO PERFORMANCE: 20.3 Megapixel (Plus 80 megapixel high resolution JPEG/raw in camera...
- ADVANCED FEATURES: Recreate the feeling of ‘being there’ using 5 Axis Dual IS to ensure clear...
- BUILT TO WITHSTAND THE ELEMENTS: Durable magnesium alloy camera body withstands heavy use out in the...
- EASY TO READ LCD MONITOR: Lighted top mounted Status LCD for at a glance feedback on camera setup
Canon Powershot Sx740 Hs
The Canon PowerShot SX740 HS is a 20.0 MP super-zoom camera that can take breathtaking photos and record excellent videos. It has a 40x optical zoom lens, which makes it easy for you to capture faraway subjects.
This camera comes with a 3 inch vari-angle LCD display for shooting from different angles. You can also use the touchscreen option to capture images and videos using hand gestures.
Easy to use: The Canon Powershot SX740 HS has a manual mode option, which helps you take high quality images without any restrictions. The touch screen display of this camera also makes it easier for you to use this device without any difficulties.
Long lasting battery: With the help of its Li-ion battery, you can shoot up to 420 images and 4 hours of HD video on a single charge.
Wide angle lens: This camera has an impressive 24mm wide-angle lens, which helps you capture high definition pictures of large objects or an entire landscape in one shot. This feature is helpful if you want to capture larger scenes in your shots.
Faster shutter speed: When compared with other cameras, this device offers faster shutter speed and better image stabilization system that.
- 40x optical zoom with optical image stabilizer and zoom framing assist
- 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie
- 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting
Canon Eos Rebel Sl3 / Eos 250d
The Canon EOS Rebel SL3 / Eos 250d is a digital SLR camera that comes with a lot of features that will surely help you grow as a photographer. It has a 24.2 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor that helps deliver crisp and clear images no matter what the lighting conditions are.
The ISO range is 100-25600, so it’s great for taking photos in low light situations. It captures fast moving objects without blurring them thanks to its 9-point autofocus system and its continuous shooting speed of up to 5 frames per second.
The EOS Rebel SL3 / Eos 250d also comes with a 3″ touchscreen LCD monitor, which makes it easier for you to take shots both indoors and outdoors. It has Wi-Fi capability and NFC technology that enables you to share your photos instantly with other devices and people.
The EOS Rebel SL3 / Eos 250d is equipped with DIGIC 7 Image Processor for high image quality, especially when it comes to video recording. It can record videos in Full HD 1920 x 1080 at 60i/50i/30p/25p/24p and HD 1280 x 720 at 60p/50p formats. It also has an HDMI output.
- Mounting type: Bayonet
- Turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
- Viewfinder type: Optical
- Product type :CAMERA DIGITAL
Gopro Hero 7 Black
The best camera for capturing the moment is the one that’s with you. GoPro cameras capture high-quality video and photos in nearly any situation, from the slopes to the seashore, from a concert stage to a city street.
Whether you’re capturing your adventures on land, underwater or in the sky, GoPro makes it easier and more affordable than ever to share your experiences with others.
The new HERO7 Black is our most powerful camera yet, thanks to an all-new GP1 chip. It delivers 4K60 video, 10MP photos at up to 30 frames per second and 1080p240 slow motion video at twice the frame rate of traditional slow motion modes.
But more than just delivering more power than ever before, the HERO7 Black is designed to make it easy for anyone to capture professional looking footage thanks to our new HyperSmooth stabilization, live streaming capabilities and QuikStories which creates a short highlight reel of your adventures as soon as you’re back home.
GoPro has unveiled its latest action camera, the Hero 7 Black. It’s waterproof to 33 feet without a housing and claims to be 20 percent lighter than the previous model
Here are the specs you need to know:
The new GoPro Hero 7 Black might not look much different from last year’s model, but it packs a number of upgrades that should have fans of the company’s action cameras excited.
The biggest changes are in the video department — GoPro says it can now shoot 4K video at 60 frames per second, 2.7K video at 240 fps and 1080p video at a blistering 240 fps.
A new “highlight” feature will take this 240 fps footage and slow it down by up to 8X for playback at normal speed — perfect for those wild moments when you can’t decide how best to show off your exploits.
- E-COMMERCE PACKAGING: GoPro HERO7 Black Camera plus Extra Battery- This product is in manufacturer...
- 4K60 VIDEO AND 12MP PHOTOS: Awesome as the moments themselves. 8x Sol-Mo Video - With ultra high...
- HYPERSMOOTH VIDEO STABILIZATION: Get gimbal-like stabilization—without the gimbal. HERO7 Black...
- TIME WARP VIDEO plus SUPER PHOTO: Capture super stabilized time lapse videos while you move about a...
- RUGGED plus WATERPROOF: Share experiences you can’t capture with your phone. HERO7 Black is...
If you’re a professional photographer, the Nikon D850 is the only camera you need. It’s also the only camera some professionals will ever need.
The D850 is Nikon’s top of the line full-frame DSLR, and it’s packed with features that make it an extremely versatile tool for both stills and video shooters.
The D850 offers many improvements over its predecessor, the D810, including a 45-point autofocus system (all cross-type) with a dedicated autofocus processor; 8K time lapse capture with exposure smoothing; 4K UHD video capture at up to 30 fps; a new 153-point metering system; improved battery life; and more.
The D850 also offers some unique capabilities for a DSLR, including in-camera focus stacking and interval shooting modes.
Available accessories include an optional battery grip and external power supply, several different lenses, a 1.4x teleconverter, and an electronic viewfinder with 100% frame coverage.
In addition to being packed with features, the D850 is designed to be rugged enough to withstand travel on extended shoots in the field. Its weather sealing is good enough to withstand light rain and moisture, but not submersion in water or heavy misting.
- Nikon designed back side illuminated (BSI) full frame image sensor with no optical low pass filter
- 45.7 megapixels of extraordinary resolution, outstanding dynamic range and virtually no risk of...
- Up to 9 fps1 continuous shooting at full resolution with full AF performance
- 8k6 and 4k time lapse movies with new levels of sharpness and detail; file system : DCF 2.0, exif...
- Tilting touchscreen, focus shift shooting mode, outstanding battery performance and much more; total...
We have Gear Buyer’s Guides on every type of Filmmaking Equipment!